Thursday, January 17, 2013

Satin Brass

Although I will always adore a classic and timeless chrome finish, I am completely enamored with brass right now.

Not only do I love a traditional polished brass finish like that on these fleur-de-lis candlesticks from my mom that I use in my dining room

and this footed bowl I have displayed on my etagere,

I have found myself increasingly enchanted with satin brass.

The dulled finish of satin brass is anything but dull in style!

The golden color is so warm and the brushed effect of the satin finish feels more modern to me in comparison to that of traditional polished brass.

Like this satin brass bowl from The D Pages:

Or this satin brass sconce from Lamps Plus:
 I would love to add one of those to my son's room and maybe even a couple of them in my bedroom!

Or howsa 'bout this
'Oh-My-Gosh-That's-A-Freakin'-Walnut-And-Satin-Brass-Console-Table'
from Bradley Hughes:
HOLLA!
This beauty just about brought a tear to my eye!

Pretty sure it also comes with an OhMyGoshThat'sALotOfFreakin'MoneyForAConsoleTable price tag, too!

But if you're looking to add some satin brass in small doses (AND on a small budget) why not try updating some hardware on a piece of furniture or some cabinets?

I added these sleek satin brass drawer pulls to my daughter's dresser to make this thrift store piece, that we updated with white glossy paint, even more modern.

They were less than $1 each on Ebay!

Want a satin brass finish without having to buy all new hardware?
Spray paint is everyone's best friend.
Because for just a few bucks you can spray the dickens out of something and make it all fresh and new and then when you're tired of that color you can get another can of spray paint and make it new and fresh again.
And again.
And again.

And check this out:

Bath and Body Works soap dispenser covers are like slipcovers for your hand soap!
And this brushed brass one is so nice with it's intricate trellis design.
Such an easy (and inexpensive) way to add some satin brass to your home at less than $6 each right now!


Now I just need to figure out how to DIY that amazing walnut and brass console table.
Any ideas?

À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney




No comments:

Post a Comment