Tuesday, January 8, 2013

6 Elements of Design

Have you ever wondered what it is that draws you to certain rooms?

For me, there are 6 specific elements that are always present in my favorite spaces. 

designer Melissa Palazzo
Brooke Shields' living room
Emily Henderson's living room
source unknown (which makes me sad because I looove this kitchen!)

from Domino magazine
www.homedeco2u.com
Joanna Goddard's living room
source unknown
Rita Konig's living room as featured in Domino
Little Green Notebook
Melissa Palazzo's living room
via i suwanee
via LGN

Although vastly different, each of these rooms have the following 6 elements that I think are the key to beautiful rooms:

Wood
Metal
White
Black
Bright Color
Something Quirky or Unexpected
(which is often incorporated into one of the above elements)

So, now I am curious...
what draws you to particular rooms?

Is it one thing specifically like a design style or an assortment of elements as it is in my case?


À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment