Friday, December 7, 2012

Peek Inside Local Artist's Studio

My favorite pieces of art are those by a young artist near Dallas, Texas, 
17 year-old, Jordyn Hampe.

Today I wanted to give you a peek inside her wonderful studio located right in my backyard!



I love the Dutch door with chalkboard paint on the inside.

Her studio is filled with canvases, paints, brushes, pens, and bulletin boards full of inspiration and chimera.

The opposite side of her work station is a storage area filled with more paints and 'potions' and TONS of art and photography by this talented young lady.

With permission to dig through her (very full) studio, I took photos of some of my favorite pieces.


I can't even tell you how much I LOVE this ink perspective drawing of a street fair/carnival.
Can you even imagine how incredible it would look matted and framed?


And look what I found near this corner full of canvases...

The colors are amazing!  

This self-portrait was done entirely in pencil.
How cool is the contrast between the charcoal shading and the bright pencil colors?

I wonder if goldfish dream of flying in hot air balloons?

I really love the intricate details of this ink and watercolor.


Jordyn also gives away a lot of art as gifts.
These are my favorite pieces that have been gifted:

This colorful painted canvas was a birthday gift for a guitar playing family member.
He had it matted and framed and it now hangs in his living room.

To make this paper sculpture the artist used a sharp blade to cut intricate designs in several layers of posterboard.  
They were mounted with spacers in between the many layers to form a 3 dimensional circus scene.  
Although you can't tell from the photo, the piece is about 4 inches deep.
It was made specially for a friend's birthday.

Jordyn also made one other paper sculpture entitled,
'Little Red and The Wolf'


This award-winning piece was donated to the local Make A Wish chapter and auctioned at their annual Wish Night event this past May.


The Make A Wish Foundation is Jordyn's charitable organization of choice and she donates several pieces of art each year to Wish Night.

Funds raised at this event are used to grant wishes for children with life-threatening illnesses.




So when I said this artist's studio is literally right in my backyard...
it's because she's my oldest daughter!
And her studio sits on my driveway.

I wonder if she will give me good deal on that panoramic circus perspective drawing???
I mean...since I gave birth to her and all.

 
À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney




1 comment:

  1. Whatever you'll pay her I'll double :). I love that one too!!!

    ReplyDelete