Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Gift Giving Simplified

Maybe it's just me but for a while now I have been bothered by the extravagance and excess of Christmas.
More decorations, brighter lights, bigger trees, grander, more expensive gifts.

I often wonder what people would think if I gave them this for Christmas:


It's a pound of Frankincense and Myrrh.
  You can buy it on Amazon for $13.95

In all seriousness, though, I have become rather fond of this idea for gift giving that I found on Pinterest a while back:


So, as I begin my holiday shopping today 
(yeah, I know - nothing like waiting 'til the last minute)
I plan to keep this Four Gift Rule in mind.

Because it's hard to recall the gifts we bought the kids last year for Christmas, 
but I clearly remember this special moment:

 I mustache you not to laugh!

By the way -  the stick on mustaches were purchased for a whole dollar at the 
Dollar Tree last year.

Happy Shopping!

 (I really hope that picture doesn't end up in Awkward Family Photos!)

À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney






No comments:

Post a Comment