Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Wee Tree

Since Thanksgiving Day my son, Stone, has been begging me to get the Christmas decorations out of the attic.  

After dinner yesterday I was finally able to find a spare hour to accomplish this task and Stone even helped me carry those very heavy containers into the living room.

I could tell he was very excited about the holiday hoopla and he immediately started looking through the dozen or more giant containers that now littered the hallway, living room, dining room and entryway.


I was certain he was searching for some wonderful ornament or decoration he was particularly nostalgic about or maybe a special stocking he wanted to put up right away.
 
But no.

The only decoration he cared about was this:


A wee tree he purchased for $1 at a garage sale over 5 years ago with nothing but a few tiny plastic ball ornaments and a strand of gold plastic bead garland that is hot glued in place.

Maybe we should just put presents under the Wee Tree this year?


À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment