Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Enjoying the View

When we bought our house one of my favorite features were the cathedral windows in the kitchen.
They are really tall and let in tons of natural light throughout the day.

The previous owner had metal mini blinds installed in them when we moved in.
And they were lavender.
(Someone really should have been shot for that!)

And don't even get me started on that tacky wallpaper and green tile.

Obviously this is the BEFORE shortly after moving in:

The windows face the street so I kept those ugly blinds up for a while thinking I needed the privacy and knew I would eventually install 2 inch white wood blinds.
(Which would have to be custom ordered so each one would cost me one arm and one leg and probably another useful organ or two.)

One fine fall day I was painting around those windows and realized that the tree just outside them produced the most beautiful fall colors.
The leaves also helped obscure the upper 2/3 of the view from the street for most of the year.

I decided that white linen cafe curtains hung on small tension rods on the bottom third of the windows would provide enough privacy from any creepers while still allowing lots of light to pour into my kitchen (that's a good thing.)
AND... I would be able to enjoy my beautiful tree as it changed from summer green to red, orange and gold in the fall.

This is the view on a late fall afternoon:

And this is my view this morning from my kitchen desk.

This is the summer view:


Do you have a favorite view in your home?


À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment