Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: $5 Art Wall

I'm a lying liar who lies lies.

Because this art wall was more like $4 plus tax, not $5!

Just before Easter weekend I was working on my son's room and realized he needed a place to hang/display some photos, drawings, and other bits & pieces.

I already had a cork bulletin board but it wasn't very big and I had some concerns about his commitment to keeping thumbtacks off the floor and out of our dog's mouths.
(Our younger dog still tries to eat EVERYTHING and I'm tired of cleaning up pieces of chewed toys and socks she has eaten and barfed up!  The idea of thumbtacks being eaten and barfed up was enough to make me come up with a better solution.)

I have a bit of an obsession with thrift shops and typically stop into a local one once a week to see what sort of treasures I might unearth.

When I came across a pile of clipboards for .99 cents each, I recalled saving these pictures a while back and decided this was exactly what I wanted for his room!

via
via
original source unknown
via

I bought 4 of them and used small cup hooks I already had to hang them above his dresser which is the largest wall in this small room.
(You can see the entire room tour posted here.)


I decided a couple of days later that I wanted a few more to make it a bit more substantial and allow for more art and trinkets to be displayed.  

Sadly, they were all gone by then.
But, lucky for me, I can buy them new at Office Depot for about $2 each so if I really wanted a couple more, it won't break the bank!

 À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment