Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Narrowing Down Colleges

A recent dinner conversation between my oldest daughter, who has begun the process of narrowing down colleges where she wants her first round of SAT scores sent, and me...

Me: "So, out of the handful of colleges you are sending scores sent to, which one has the best dorm rooms?"  

Daughter: "I don't know.  I didn't really look at that."

Me: (feeling slightly disappointed) "I thought maybe you had checked that part out online already.  Obviously I don't think that should be your criteria for choosing, of course."

Daughter:  "Oh, of course not.  That would be really stupid and completely shallow."

Me: "So what sort of criteria did you use to decide where to send your scores?"

Daughter: "I picked the ones with the best-dressed students on their brochures and website.  But I also factor in how I would look in their school colors."

source

 Well played, my snarky little fashionista!

À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment