Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Kismet

Almost a year ago I took this photo with my phone while at Lowe's:


I know it was almost a year ago because it was between a Halloween photo and a Thanksgiving photo. 
(I should have been a detective!)

Anyway...
I've been wanting to replace my entryway light fixture for a very long time but I wasn't willing to spend $140.  

For many people $140 is not terribly expensive.
But I rarely buy something at full price -
I decided to be patient and wait for the perfect fixture at the perfect price.

This morning after several errands and not finding one very specific item I need for my son's school project, I decided to go ahead and stop at Lowes on the off chance they would have what I needed.

With no luck in the lumber department I proceeded to head out of the store through an aisle near the lumber.  
And then I spied it on a clearance end cap no where near the lighting department...


MY LIGHT FIXTURE FOR LESS THAN THIRTY FIVE FREAKING DOLLARS!

Can you believe it?
I almost cried right there!
My husband told me to grab it and hurried me to the check out before I could have my
'Miss America winner happy cry' moment.


But that's how it felt!
I wanted to cry and smile and wave while holding my box containing the light fixture I photographed a year ago!

It's mine, all mine!
VICTORY IS MINE!

Total kismet and I should probably buy a lottery ticket tonight.
But I think I may be too busy hanging my new entryway light fixture!

À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney

 




No comments:

Post a Comment