Everyone knows the expression,
It's a stupid expression.
Because unless life also hands you a bag of sugar,
you can't make diddly squat.
And you're just standing there with a handful of those worthless sour yellow bastards!
If you have this stuff:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Powdered sugar
You can make these Luscious Lemon Bars.
(They are a lot better than lemonade.)
It's a Southern Living recipe and they are the best I've ever tasted.
Here's what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom and sides of a 13- x 9-inch pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil or parchment paper, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
2. Stir together 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a large bowl until smooth; whisk in granulated sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir together baking powder and remaining 1/4 cup flour; whisk into egg mixture. Pour mixture over hot baked crust.
5. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Lift from pan, using foil sides as handles. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes). Remove foil, and cut into bars; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
And when your lemon bars are all done you can sit there with the entire plate of them under your chin and shove them in your mouth one after another like a crazy person and laugh maniacally at life because...
You totally won that battle!
À la vie et à l'amour