Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Big 4-0

Happy belated 4th of July, everyone!
I was ultra lame on July 4th and fell asleep on the sofa.
At 8:00.

But today I turn 40 and old people need extra sleep.

Also, now there are only a handful of things in my house now that are older than I am, one of which is my husband who is so happy to finally have someone else be in their 40s with him.

We have a fun little family celebration planned for today because I really do not like big parties even the tiniest bit.
I'm hoping to do a little swimming/sunning because I have a fantastic vintage sun hat that I got for $2 while thrifting that is so southern and adorably feminine!

And I use the term 'swim' loosely since I just sort of walk around the pool and dream up ideas of things I want to do in my backyard.

Speaking of ideas... 
I've been working my little brain a lot on what to do about this situation:


Yes, it is a dorm room.
And my oldest daughter will be living in almost this exact room starting August so we have begun planning and shopping for all of her college dorm necessities.





So far we've held off on purchasing any 'decorative' type items because she hasn't coordinated with her future roommate yet.
But we've been pinning and saving ideas for months so you'll have to stay tuned to see how everything turns out when she moves in next month.

If you missed my post about college dorm rooms a while back you might want to check it out.
The first two photos in that post are of my dorm room at the same college my daughter will attend!

It's not the same dorm she will be staying in when she attends and that dorm has been entirely redone anyway since the dinosaurs basically destroyed it when I attended.

Ok then, Happy 40th Birthday to me!


À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney



No comments:

Post a Comment