Thursday, February 5, 2015

Rock the Lunchbox Day 3 (GAME DAY!)

Welcome to today's installment of Rock the Lunchbox!
It's also Blurry Photo Day.

All I can say is that the photos pretty much sum up how things actually look for me most mornings - just a complete blur.
BUT! It's GAME DAY for my basketball playing boy which means he needs a lunch packed with good stuff.

It's pre-prackaged with Applegate Natural Turkey (juicy, antibiotic-free), classic Applegate American cheese, Annie’s Buttery Rich Crackers™, Annie’s Organic Berry Patch Fruit Snacks™ and Stonyfield® YoKids® Squeezers® Strawberry Organic Lowfat Yogurt.


I really like that their meats are antibiotic-free because no one wants their kid to end up with man-boobs from eating hormone and antibiotic filled poultry. 

As you can see I did also pack an Honest Kids fruit punch as well as a chicken patty sandwich with a side of buffalo sauce and a Cuties orange because the Half Time pack isn't quite filling enough for a 13 year old boy who has basketball practice in the morning and a game after school.


The Half Time pack was his FAVORITE lunch this week!
It was probably my favorite, too, as it took very little thought at 6:30am to make it the main part of his lunch.




Yes, even my game photo is super blurry which I'm going to pretend is because my son was super fast due to his excellent lunch and just moved like a blur across the gym floor as a result.

Today I also tried the Rudi's Gluten Free Bread.
My son actually detests gluten free bread so he was not going to make a good test subject for this item but the rest of us are rather fond of it.

The main reason I like a gluten free bread is that I've discovered that gluten makes me feel like an old lady when I eat it.
My joints hurt and my stomach hurts and I just have this un-well feeling all day after eating gluten.


So, my husband and I decided we would give the bread a try!


Yes, I did make myself a PB & J because I love PB & J sandwiches!
The bread has a great flavor but I will say it's a bit more dry than gluten filled bread.
My husband remedies this by toasting his first.

Also - at over $4 a loaf, Rudi's gluten free bread is not cheap.
It's probably the only item that I wouldn't necessarily buy again because the price to taste ratio for this particular Rudi's product was not justifiable for our family.

That being said, I would definitely give their gluten free Cinnamon Raisin bread or their gluten free Rosemary Olive Oil Ciabatta Rolls a try!
If you want to try them, you can find a coupon for $1.25 off right here.

Check back tomorrow for Day 4 of Rock the Lunchbox week!

In the meantime, click here for more great Rock the Lunchbox ideas!


Please note: While I did receive these items for free, all opinions regarding them are my own.  
Those opinions are based solely on highly non-scientific research conducting by various members of my food-eating family.


À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney


No comments:

Post a Comment