Thursday, February 12, 2015

Love Affair With a $5 Shelf

Back in December, during the holiday shopping season, I decided to stop into a local thrift shop to see if there were any hidden treasures there that could make good stocking stuffers for my kids (ornaments, books, handmade pottery, scarves, etc.)

While perusing the vast assortment of less than stellar items that day, my eyes suddenly fixed upon something tucked to the back on the lowest shelf.
It was a small wall shelf, perfect for holding little treasures I already had at home.
Thought it was covered in a layer of dust, I was immediately smitten.

I did not hesitate for a moment before carting it up to the checkout line and handing the woman $4.99 plus tax to take it home.

I wrapped it, added a bow, and proudly told my husband, 
"You bought me a $5 shelf for Christmas!"
To which he replied, 
"Great! Hope you like it!"


I most certainly do.



Yes, there is a throw pillow continuity error in my photos of which I am acutely aware.

À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney


No comments:

Post a Comment