Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My Dream House

Like so many, I have fallen victim to the addictive nature of the 
beast known as Pinterest.

Which means I have tons of fabulous rooms and projects pinned that I no longer have time to complete because I am way too busy pinning things.

It's a vicious cycle.

And a little bit like crack.

But in my mind, I am collecting photos of what will one day be my own version of the Barbie Dream House.


I can't even begin to tell you how many hours I spent arranging and rearranging furniture, down to the last tiny fork and spoon upon Barbie's breakfast table, after receiving The Dream House for Christmas back in the early 80's.

So I thought I would share what my version of Cortney's Dream House would look like based on my extensive collection of Pinterest boards and pins.  
(Sources for photos may be found here.)


The Entryway

but with this rug:

The Living Room

The Dining Room

The Breakfast Room

The Kitchen

The Master Bathroom

The Master Bedroom

The Backyard:

And there you have it!
A tour of my Dream House.

In reality, though, I wouldn't actually want to wave a magic wand and have these rooms appear.
Because then they would be someone else's rooms and not my own.

I like working on my house over time and letting it evolve into something that really tells a story of who our family is.

But, it's always good to have some inspiration to make your Dream House a reality!

À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney





No comments:

Post a Comment