Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Let's Get the Band Back Together, Man!

Wow!  I can't even describe how great it is to get back to my blog.
I've really missed you all!

I wish I could say that my absence is because I was on tour in Europe,

or that I had a brief stint in some plush rehab spa facility,

or that I was hiding out on my own private island after suffering incredible backlash from negative publicity resulting from the unauthorized release of yet another one my professionally filmed and edited sex tapes...
I know - the mere thought is enough to invoke nightmares. 
And a bit of throat vomit.

But the truth is, I have been doing much more exciting and important things!

The biggest and most best-est being that I finally got the entire house painted gray!

But, since I already brought up the subject of rehab let's just go ahead and start with my bar update, shall we?

If you recall from this post, I did make a few paint and accessories changes not so long ago.


Those changes made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

For about a day

I've been told that the quirky or interesting features that make a house seem so appealing when you first look at it and, subsequently, buy it, are the things that you end up despising and having the hardest time figuring out what to do with once you've lived in your home for a while.

Does that ring true for you like it does for me?

This stupid bar is a prime example of that, my friends.
It's like an itchy butt rash - super annoying and difficult to deal with.

Anyway, when I was getting everything all gray-painted-y (including my dog), I started thinking that this area needed to look much more intentional and substantial.

Like these beauties...

 via

So, out with the crappy old 1 inch thick white shelves and the cheap metal rails /slash /tracks/ slash/ whatever the heck those things were...

and in with some new mini L-brackets and 2 inch thick natural wood shelves.

As with ALL of my projects, this one is not 'finished' yet.
I am planning to apply gold spray paint to the mini brackets and stain the wood shelves once I have decided on a stain color.
BUT...I really couldn't wait to show you the progress!


Yes, that is a ginormous bottle of Wild Turkey that is almost gone.
No, I am not related to Janis Joplin.

It's mostly used for Bread Pudding with Bourbon Caramel Sauce.

And sometimes mixed with a little egg nog at Christmas time.

Every now and then I use it when I wake up feeling like P. Diddy and need to brush my teeth but the bottle of Jack is gone.

Okay, so stay tuned...
I've got some really fun things to share with you all and I know you will not want to miss a single minute of it.

I'm really glad we had this chance to chat again.
We should get the band back together more often!

À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment