Monday, March 25, 2013

Let's talk about art and squirrels and Canadians

because I'm really fond of all three of the aforementioned.

Firstly, this:

 

It's a painting my daughter, Bailey, made for me.
It's a Boston Terrier.
It's awesome.

And, for now, I put it here in my kitchen so I can look at it all the live long day.


Also this:


It's a squirrel.

Well, a  squirrel's backside to be specific.
It's doing laundry.

The photographer, Nancy Rose, is Canadian.
She sets up cute little scenes and uses peanuts as bait and lures unsuspecting squirrels into the realm of her camera lens and ends up with photos like the one above.
And these that I found via TAXI

 

This last one I included for one of my devoted blog readers (my daughter's BF) who also plays the french horn and puts up with all of my posts about decorating even though he would probably much rather see musical squirrels.
 

You can check out more of Nancy Rose's squirrel photos through this flickr link.

And people like Nancy Rose are just one of the reasons that I really like Canadians as a general species.

Also because they make excellent maple syrup.

Have a happy Monday, everyone!

À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment