Sunday, September 9, 2012

Wardrobing 101

I call this Wardrobing 101 because it's all about the BASICS.
I'm going to show you how to make a small wardrobe limitless using a mix and match approach!

As a work at home jeans and tee shirts kind of mom, I don't need a lot of dressy pieces so my basic pieces and my outfits are all causal.

9 Basic Items
3 Layering Pieces
(1 jean jacket, 1 black cardigan, 1 tan casual jacket or blazer)



 3 Solid Tees
(1 white, 1 black, 1 bright)



3 Bottoms
(1 pair white jeans , 1 pair dark jeans, 1 pair khaki jeans or pants)



The KEY to making your Basics look really cute and giving you lots of different looks are
SHOES & ACCESSORIES!

Here is what I used:

4 scarves
(2 would have worked fine - I suggest at least 1 in a solid color)



4 pairs of shoes
(although 1 pair of great black flats would work with almost everything! )



Necklaces and Bracelets
(I used what I already had but 2 'statement' necklaces and 
a silver bracelet would have been sufficient)



Ready to see it all put together?
 
 
Here are some of my favorites using the WHITE TEE and layering around it...












 My favorites with the BRIGHT TEE...










And some favorites using the BLACK TEE...










That was 23 of my favorite outfits
(there were MANY more that I didn't include!)
I kept everything VERY simple but I typically add *sparkle* with real jewelry mixed in.
I wear one of these silver wire bracelets from Tracy Brandes Designs with almost EVERYTHING!

 
Here is a list of where you can get similar items for building your own basic wardrobe:

 Black Cardigan - Target $20

 Denim Jacket - Old Navy $35


Beige Military Jacket - Old Navy $40



Basic V-Neck Tees - $8 each at Target



Dark Indigo Jean - Banana Republic $80


White Denim Jeans - J. Crew $98


Khaki Pants - Old Navy $30



How about these 3 pairs shoes that can all be found at Target:

 Leopard Flats - $15

 Strappy Sandals (they also come in brown!) - $15

Black Ballet Flats - $25




You can also find scarves like these at Sam Moon for $7-8





Sam Moon also has bracelets like these for $6.50 or less!
 


For unique necklaces try Etsy

$32

...or this Betsey Johnson necklace at Dillards
$45



And there you have it!
A mix and match wardrobe with 9 basic clothing pieces.

Check back to see more great basics that I incorporate into my mix and match wardrobe!


À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for mentioning my tear drop bracelets. You have a wonderful husband that knows just what a girl wants! ;-)

    ReplyDelete