Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Fortune!

The last time I ate Chinese food my fortune cookie graced me with the following words of wisdom:


You will be rich and you will be poor.
You will like being rich more.


So true, great fortune cookie. So true.

For example - the other day I was cleaning out my books .
I had no money in my wallet but I had 3 stacks of books like this that I took to Half Price Books:



I came out with $11.00!
The fortune cookie was right – I did like being rich more than I liked being poor.

Armed with my $11 fortune I made it to day 4 of my month of 
'no unnecessary spending' without buying anything except groceries. 

Facing a serious moral dilemma at Costco earlier today, though,
I had to ask myself,

'Does wine qualify as a necessity?'

Hmmmmmm...

It's made from grapes.
Grapes are fruit.
Fruit is necessary or you'll get scurvy!



Yep, necessity.


Here's to gettin' rich at Half Price Books, and not gettin' scurvy!


À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment