Monday, August 20, 2012

A Day of Little Things


"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were big things."
-Kurt Vonnegut


Hot coffee with a little half and half and a little sweetener


So grateful for a couple days of rain - it does wonders for the plants I forget to water!
(Still can't believe my chocolate mint keeps surviving!)



Work...  although, I still would prefer to be independently wealthy.


Favorite errand shoes - comfortable and cute
(Crocs, of course, courtesy of my Dad)


What's this?  A new purse!  
Yes, I know I just got a new one last week but this one was so cute.
And gray.


Just a few (hundred) loads of laundry to fold.  Ugh!  
Okay, this is one of those little things that I just can't bring myself to enjoy.
So I'll just say,
'At least I have legs!'


Thank goodness for a little 'Ray' to get through the day
(and the blasted pile of laundry!)
If you don't love Ray LaMontagne you are just plain wrong...
and you're probably a communist like my first dog!


A dinosaur attack
(I think it's pretty self-explanatory)


 Some PTA volunteer work
(aren't these cute?  I designed them!)


There's nothing better than checking the mail and getting the new issue of BHG!


Yummy!  Low-carb dinner
Grandma's recipe for homemade spaghetti sauce over julienned zucchini
BTW - the secret ingredient in the sauce is NOT love - it's 
KITCHEN BOUQUET!
I think I died a little inside when I found out.


A little mindless after dinner entertainment courtesy of the Syfy channel.
This show is actually pretty darn good for the Syfy channel!  
(and Syfy definitely needed some serious redemption after Sharktopus and Ice Spiders! Someone should have done some hard time for making those!)


Ahhhhhh...at the end of the day there is nothing quite like a squishy pillow and a comfy mattress.
 Goodnight!


À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment