Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Lakehouses & Country Houses Are Not Always Relaxing

Last night around 10:30 I finally got around to reading a few of my favorites blogs.
Coincidentally, 2 of them were about lake houses or country houses.
You can check them out here and here.

Most people associate a lake house or country house with escape and relaxation.
Such is not the case for me.

We own lake houses.

In the country.

3 of them to be exact.
Plus 15 others that we take care of for other homeowners.
That's because my husband and I own a vacation home rental business on Lake Whitney in Texas.

Actually, while I was reading Jenny's and Bailey's posts yesterday it was at the end of a 12 hour day that my mom and I had spent at our newest lake house getting it RE-ready for rental (more about that later.)
 
Our 6am selfie
One thing to note...my Mom had just spent 2 days (one of which was Mother's Day) helping clear massive amounts of branches and brush at one of our other lake houses.
Not exactly a day at the spa.

Relaxing at the lake house is a rarity for us.

Here is how we spent our day at the lake house yesterday:

My car loaded with a 'few' items - this was with ALL seats down except the front ones we were sitting in and I didn't even include the photos of the attached trailer that contained multiple bed frames and mattresses.
My mom painting the formerly green and pink sponge painted bathroom.
One of the 4 bedrooms we are sprucing up - it's not quite finished but I am really excited about how this one is coming along!

We have big plans for the HUGE backyard!  Just the addition of this table and umbrella made a huge difference.  And made me want to stay and drink wine while watching the little deer wander through the yard.

We still have lots of work to do before this place is 'finished' but it's coming along nicely.

After being gone all day yesterday I came home to a total of 66 emails/phone that had to be addressed so extra time is a precious commodity right now.

I am hoping to share before and after pics of everything once we are done but it's our busy rental season so blogging, unfortunately, is low on the priority list.

But, keep checking back or follow me on Intsagram for up to the minute lake house updates!


À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney



No comments:

Post a Comment