Monday, January 12, 2015

Jumping In

via

Even as a child, I've always been one to ease into the water, never understanding how others could bravely leap into that unknown expanse of liquid, not knowing whether they would be bathed in warmth and comfort, or if chilly temperatures would stab at their skin and chill them to the bone. 

To this day, I'm still an 'ease-r in-er', plunging a toe, and then a foot to gauge the initial surprise, then often sitting on the top step of our swimming pool for an hour before slowly settling myself onto the next step as my body adjusts to the change slowly, even when others deem it "like bathwater."
(Which tells me that they have no idea how hot I actually like my bathwater because if my skin isn't pink and steamy like a fresh out of the pot boiled lobster when I finally emerge, it was not nearly hot enough for my preferences!)

This morning I return to blogging with no proclamations of resolutions or empty promises of blog plans.
I am, quite simply, jumping in to this year with a renewed energy for accomplishing goals that have, so far, continued to be out of reach despite my best efforts.

Which makes me wonder if maybe I should have brought a flotation device?


À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment