Thursday, October 2, 2014

Jam of the Month: alt-J

I know.
But, since you didn't get to hear anything because the video was removed from Youtube I decided to share another really amazing group with you so that you don't have to wait another whole month for your ears to be all tingly and happy.

During the summer I heard this song and immediately knew this would end up being a new favorite group.

The song is called "Hunger of the Pine" and it's off the newest album, This Is All Yours from English Indie Rock band, alt-J.

I'm not overly fond of the video necessarily (although I can often relate to it) but the song itself is enchanting to say the least.

It's softly haunting melody slowly builds over the course of the entire song with the help of some serious oboe-y saxophone sound.

It reminds me of a rainy night in the back alley of a smoke filled New York jazz bar.

And, yes, the addition of the sampling of Miley Cyrus' song, "4x4" certainly adds a sexy and quirky sort of depth to it. 



Now you know why I couldn't wait to share it with you.

And I pinky promise that their other songs are great, too, so you should go check out other alt-J videos on Youtube.

Do that now.

À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney



No comments:

Post a Comment