Friday, June 6, 2014

Style File: Kimono

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I have become entirely obsessed with the magic of Swapdom.

The main reason I signed up for it right away, after browsing for only a few minutes, was because of this:


The moment I saw this kimono I knew I had to have it!
The colors, the pattern, the lightweight rayon fabric...
also it's got a bohemian vibe but is still sophisticated enough for a woman who's about to turn 40.

So I requested it and offered up all of my items and ended up making an even swap with a pair of shoes that were a bit too snug on my feet (and had only been worn once) to get my kimono.
Shipping was about $12 and I have already worn it 4 times so if you average the 'per wear' cost it's $3 per wear and I have gotten so many compliments on it so it's practically paid for itself in that sense alone!

Yesterday's outfit

Hair bun, gold hoops... just need a head scarf and a crystal ball.

I might have stolen this owl necklace from my daughter's jewelry stash because it goes perfectly with my kimono and now they love each other and are BFFs.

Since I work from home 99% of the time, jeans are my wardrobe mainstay but I like to add something to dress them up a bit and feel a bit more polished so this was really a great wardrobe addition for me that I can use year-round.

I can see myself wearing it like this:

In the summer with a t shirt, jean shorts, flip flops, and some accessories handmade by me.

In cooler fall months with a shimmery silver scarf and pink loafers I picked up for $4 at a local thrift store

Another cold season idea paired with wedge boots and some gold jewelry though I might be more likely to wear the jewelry with the pink loafers above and stick the scarf with the boots for wintertime!

I have lots of other ideas on ways I might wear my kimono but you get the general idea.

Also, I was able to trade something I would never wear for something I really love which is the best part!


À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney





No comments:

Post a Comment