Friday, November 1, 2013

Thrifty Thursday (on Friday): $2 Ottoman Slipcover

Once upon a long time ago my mom bought this ottoman.


She decided she didn't have a place for it so she brought it to me.

Although I like the vintage floral fabric and mid century style, it didn't quite fit with the style of the rest of my home so it sat in my bedroom for almost a year while I tried to decide what the heck I wanted to do with it.

Then, last weekend, I was at a local thrift store and happened upon a folded piece of dark denim fabric.
I unfolded it and there must have been at least 3 yards and it was only $2.00!

I knew immediately that it would be perfect for making a simple slipcover for the ottoman.


There's not really a tutorial because all I did was measure the sides and the top, sewed it together and gave it a nice hem then slipped it over the top.


It's pretty plain and simple and I might end up adding some embellishments across the bottom such as rick rack or ball fringe in a bright color.

Since it sits against these non-functioning doors in my bedroom, I also like the idea of topping it with a throw pillow and making it like a tiny sofa.

Gidget likes this idea, too.


You know what else?

I still have plenty of denim fabric leftover to cover a couple of small lumbar pillows I bought a while back.
Hmmm...maybe another Thrifty Thursday post about those soon.

À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney




No comments:

Post a Comment