Wednesday, November 6, 2013

25 Thanksgiving Tablescape Ideas

While many people will spend several weeks before Thanksgiving planning their feast, 
I will spend that time collecting ideas of beautiful table settings and scouring my house in search of fabric and interesting items I can incorporate into my own Thanksgiving tablescape.


Sometimes I keep things super simple and other times I like to step it up a bit.


Whether I choose casual or formal, simple or embellished, I have only 2 easy rules that I follow:

1) Keep your centerpieces small and low to allow for easy conversation.  
Unless you have a particularly gross family member who chews with their mouth open or something like that. Then it's perfectly acceptable to put a big, floral arrangement right in front of their face.
Or stick them at the kid table and let them smack away.

2) NO PLASTIC OR PAPER PRODUCTS!
Why spend all that time planning, preparing and cooking a fabulous meal full of all your grandmother's amazing homemade recipes just to plop it onto ugly disposable dishes?
Save the disposables for when you're heating up the leftovers and watching TV later.

Need a little inspiration to help get you started?
Of course you do!

source
source
Me
Eddie Ross
Emily Henderson
source
Jamie Meares
more Jamie Meares
Jamie Meares (yet again because she's just THAT good!)
source
some Jenny Komenda loveliness
source
source
Eddie Ross, man genius
source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source
Visual Vamp, Valorie Hart
source
source
Me again
Wooooo!  
I'm feeling all inspired now, aren't you?

I haven't quite settled on what direction I'm going this year with my table but I'm leaning towards this fabric and these (well loved) dishes:


Don't worry - I'll share photos so you can all sleep at night.

À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney



No comments:

Post a Comment