Friday, May 23, 2014

A Simple Lesson in Staging

As I previously mentioned, my husband and I own a vacation home rental business.
Most of the homes we offer are not owned (or decorated) by us.

Nonetheless, when I photograph a home, I have to make sure it's presented in the best light possible since we are mainly a web based business and we use photos to 'sell' our places to potential guests.

So I thought I would share an simple example of the importance of 'staging' when it comes to photographing your rooms.

Keep in mind... this is VERY simplified and normally I would attempt to stage the bananas out of this room but time was limited.

Here is the before:


And here is the 'AFTER':


I did exactly 3 things to improve on the first photo.

1) I folded the blanket at the foot of the bed.
2) I rearranged the two throw pillows.
3) I took the photo from a different angle.

That's all!
Simple, right?


À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney



No comments:

Post a Comment