Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: $10 DIY Embellished Jean Shorts

While my oldest daughter was at Drill Team camp and my son was at basketball camp yesterday, 
Bee (my younger daughter) and I set out on an adventure!

Us on an adventure
And, yes, I can touch my toungue to my nose which I didn't even know I could do until yesterday.
I may have to take that bit of freak show on the road!

Our first stop was a local thrift store where she picked up some pairs of jeans for only a few dollars each.

Sooo sexy, right?

Then we chopped them and made them into shorts!

 
After that, Bee laid on the sofa watching Pretty Little Liars episodes she had recorded while I worked on making those cropped jeans cutesified.
Typical.

We found some ruffle trim at Hobby Lobby for $2.50 per yard (but had a coupon for 40% off) so 2 yards cost a little over $3.




Bee also found a colorful heart patch at Hobby Lobby for $3.00.
Again, we used a 40% off coupon so it was less than $2 for the patch.

I ironed it on and we had our finished project!

Once we wash these they'll have a small amount of fray on the edges and be even cuter!

So, for less than $10, total Bee has a new pair of summer shorts!

We've got plans for more craptastic jean short makeovers so stay tuned...


À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment