Saturday, March 29, 2014

Not Dead, Just Bored

Yeah, I thought I was dead, too.
But as it turns out I was just really bored with myself.
Also I think I had some winter blues and blahs.

But I've spent the past few months doing some 'soul searching' as the phrase goes.
It's probably my brain's subconscious way of keeping me from having a midlife crisis since I'll be turning 40 this summer.

I've actually been thinking about a lot of things that I might not normally want to touch with a 10 foot pole on a blog.
But, one of the things I've come to terms with over the past few months is that not expressing an opinion because you think it's going to offend others, keeps you from being true to yourself.
And then you and your blog become phony and lame and surface-y.

So, while there are still certain topics I am not comfortable blogging about (mainly to respect the privacy of the family members who have to put up with me every day) I am hoping to share some of my personal obstacles and revelations as I, hopefully, start blogging regularly again.

Here's a glimpse of some stuff from the past few months:

My oldest daughter and I during a college visit at the school she ended up choosing.
Practicing being Canadian during our long, cold, snowy winter here in Texas.
Christmas Eve at home.
Wiener pics.
New Year's Eve shenanigans.  I know...I should have been a supermodel, right?
I cut my own hair. And took a selfie in my bathroom.  I'm the worst selfie taker EVER!
Weekend geocaching with this special kid.
Some simple DIY projects. The times they are a changin'.
Spending a weekend with two of the most amazing people I know - my grandparents.

More to come, you guys!

À la vie et à l'amour
-Cortney



No comments:

Post a Comment